Tuesday, May 22, 2007

ND Grad!

I am the second from the left on the one above (with my family) and the one on the right on the bottom, with the graduate Mike






My older brother (the oldest one) graduated from Notre Dame University last weekend with a bachelor's degree in Philosophy. We arrived Thursday night and slept in the Jameson in off campus and the next morning met Mike at his dorm. We then hung out, unpacked and then went to a family dance Friday night.






That was a lot of fun and the first time I ever really danced in public, I was pretty bad but Mike was great of course. Mike was the vice president of the swing dance club and was a member of the Dance club also. He was very good in both and danced with the president of the Dance club when he joined and attended competitions (the girl in the pink flowery dress). I stayed the night in my brother's dorm while the rest of the family slept in the dorm next door. Saturday was pretty uneventful all morning and afternoon, we walked around campus again. Then we went to Mass which was said in the basketball stadium and was attended by the Bishop of the diocese and a holy man from Galilee. It was very packed and I was very impressed by the participation in the Mass, even thought they weren't very respectful but nobodies perfect. Then we attended the actual graduation on Sunday, he received his diploma, we attended the after party, where there was this giant 6 layered, 12' by 3' cake that was delicious. Then packed up helped him out of his dorm and went home. Of course a lot more happened, including going to the Basilica and the grotto but if I said everything I would write a book so here's the overview.

The cake

The basilica but these pictures do not do it justice



And the Grotto and who can forget the Dome but I don't have a picture, for those who have never seen it, it is gold with a golden Mary on top, on top of a large old beautiful building. The building is actually in the second picture with just me and Mike but you can not see the Dome.

6 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures and congratulations to your brother!
The pictures brought back memories for me. In 1988 (yikes, 19 years ago!) I received my Masters degree from ND. So it was nice to see the familiar places. Someday I hope to return there to visit.

James Bogdan said...

Wow, congratulations! It is a very beuatiful place and hope you are able to return there! I would like to attend there but it is going to take quite a bit of work.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jim -- your mom posted your blog link on her blog, so I decided to take a look. You're an amazing young man -- I can see why she's so proud of you. You have a very mature writing style. (Some pretty great kids have graduated from Huron Valley!)

Rosemary said...

Jim, you've been tagged by your mom. LOL

James Bogdan said...

Thank you Mrs. Zaroff

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photo's!

Y'know James, it's such a pleasure to see such Cathoic Witness in one so young. My own daughter is the same age as you and as a convert family exposed to secularism for way too long, this vibrancy of faith is hidden in my children at best, and completely lacking if the worst case scenario be believed. You're like a breath of fresh air :-)

God Bless you!